You are here
PERFORM is a Horizon 2020 EU funded project involving a Network of European Universities and Industry partners.
PERFORM offers 15 exiting PhD positions in the area of the Digital Retail for Early Stage Researchers and Graduates who are in the first four years of their research careers.
Find further Information and specific application requirements at:
What Our People Say
Lero is a great place to work. One of the best aspects of Lero is the wealth of the scientists from a number of different universities it brings together. I especially love the opportunities you get in Lero to work on challenging/state of the art projects and ideas. I also find remarkably rewarding outreach activities we do such as talks and workshops aimed to inspire the next generation and especially females to consider careers in STEM.
I have been working with Lero Since Dec 2015. Lero provides great chances and facilities for researchers to do their research activities. Lero coordinates scientific events to provide networking possibilities for researchers from diverse disciplines, to exchange their knowledge. In Lero, you will find yourself very well-equipped and supported to realize your scientific ambitions.
I visited Lero for three months during my PhD and got really impressed by people, meaningful research, collaboration with industry and resources. So I decided to join permanently as a postdoc 2 years ago, and since then I've been able to confirm all these impressions, and to enjoy the vibrant campus of University of Limerick.
METHODS AND STANDARDS FOR HIGH INTEGRITY SYSTEMS
- Master’s degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent.
All applications must be made online at www.ittralee.ie
We are looking for a highly motivated, Research Fellow to join the research team at IMaR. The successful candidate will collaboratively work and contribute to an on-going research project with one of our industrial partners.
We are particularly seeking a person who possess the following attributes:
- Have a minimum of 4 years (post-graduation) Mechatronic Hardware Design.
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Strong experience with electronics; analogue, digital, sesnors and embedded systems etc.
- Experience of sensor system design and implementation.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes & instrumentation.
- Strong experience of CAD design packages.Good organizational skills.
- An ability to manage resources.
- Experience of PCB layout and schematic capture packages.
- Exposure to modern development technologies, frameworks & patterns.
- Experience and the discipline of working within a fast-paced test driven environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Agriculture and especially Dairying.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and software programs such as Mathcad/Octave/R or equivalent.
- Be imaginative and persistent and have the ability to communicate clearly.
- Be logical and technically minded and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work on own initiative, in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, an ability to understand complex problems and generate appropriate pragmatic technical solutions.
- Constantly promote awareness of best industry practices, providing company training as required.
- Energetic and eager to learn and implement new technologies when required.
- Focused on keeping your knowledge up to date.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following attributes
- Knowledge of programming tools such as C/C++ or Visual Basic.
- Proven ability to take ownership of development projects.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, with excellent organisational and personal management skills.
- Professional and mature attitude to work with energy, drive and enthusiasm - to be a proactive member of the team.