Alecs Call Now Open
You are here
ALECS, a Marie Curie COFUND fellowship at Lero - the Irish Software Research Centre
3rd Call for Proposals NOW OPEN!
Deadline 13th January 2020
This is a fantastic research training and career development opportunity featuring:
- Individual research project under the academic supervision of a leading Lero researcher
- Freedom to choose the research project topic provided it falls within the broad programme themes and the research interests of an eligible ALECS academic supervisor
- 3-6 months secondment to the non-academic sector
- Comprehensive training and career development programme provided
Register interest NOW at email@example.com
ALECS is an innovative fellowship programme coordinated by Lero, the Irish Software Research Centre. The initiative is co-funded by the European Commission under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie programme (Grant Agreement no. 754489) and by Science Foundation Ireland, through Lero.
The aim of the programme is to provide training and career development to researchers through providing international mobility and intersectoral exposure. As a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship, ALECS offers high quality professional opportunities open to researchers of any age, nationality and discipline who comply with the programme's eligibility criteria (see http://alecs.lero.ie/ for details).
The programme welcomes applications from candidates who possess a PhD degree, and from candidates who do not have a PhD but who have at least 4 years full-time equivalent research experience.
Lero, the Irish Software Research Centre is the programme coordinator. However, please note that a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in a related discipline is not mandatory. Applications are open to candidates from complementary disciplines provided their proposal has received the support of an ALECS academic supervisor.
All fellowships will be based in Ireland where fellows will be hosted by their ALECS academic supervisor’s institution.
- Methods and standards for high integrity systems
- Autonomous and adaptive systems
- Software performance
- Security and privacy
Please note these are broad research themes. See http://alecs.lero.ie/ for supervisors’ research interests within the aforementioned themes.
On the call deadline, 13th January 2020:
- Applicants must be in possession of a doctoral degree (PhD) or must have at least four years full-time equivalent research experience.
- Applicants may not have resided or carried out their main activity such as work or study in Ireland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. For career-restart and reintegration applications, a relaxed mobility rule applies.
Fellows will be recruited via internationally adverstised open call for proposals. Selection process will include international peer review followed by an interview stage.
Employment as an ALECS fellow
Further programme and details on how to apply
Please see http://alecs.lero.ie/
ALECS Programme Manager
Lero – The Irish Software Research Centre
Telephone: 00 353 61 233 637